Friday, April 1, 2011

Road Trip

Me with my sister and mom
In about an hour I'm getting on the road with my sister. We're joining 10 other Christian women for an overnight trip...hmmm, reminds me of the 12 disciples!  Since we have a bible study planned and will be worshipping and fellowshipping together on one accord, I'm sure the Lord will meet us there.  Our activities will reflect our love for the Lord.  I hope the unsaved witness our adventure and want to have what we have...unspeakable JOY provided by a Loving Savior! 

Last night, I attended a revival.  The preacher asked "How Well Is Your Memory" and challenged us to remember what God has done for us.  When I had my meditative time with my Savior this morning, I reflected on what He's done for me...saved me, spiritually and physically (I almost died from an ectopic pregnancy), restored my marriage years ago when I was ready to give up (going on 31 years of wedded bliss), allowed me to carry my son and daughter to full term (I've had 2 miscarriages AND the ectopic pregnancy), has blessed my parents with more than three-score and ten years, allowed me to QUIT my (well-paying) job after 27 years of service (I haven't missed a meal nor a vacation).  While I have neck stiffness (a litttle bit of arthur), a numb foot, can't see far away without my glasses, tend to have warm flushes, and take blood pressure medication, all in all, I'm in fairly good health. 

I talked to my Lord this morning about other things He's done for me, but you get the picture.  I'm abundantly blessed...above what I could ask or think.  Think about it....How Well Is Your Memory?  And then give the Lord some praise for what He's done for you!  I'm going to continuing reflecting and praising Him while on my road trip.  I'm excited and JOYful!

No comments:

Post a Comment