Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Our Healer

I went to 2 funerals over the past 2 days.  Both women (April and Thelma) died of illnesses where they seemed to suffer.  April's sister sung "I Believe You're My Healer" at the funeral.  She said she sang this song to April during  April's hospitalization.  April and Thelma are now healed from their earthly illnesses. 

I know five individuals (Daniel, Rita G, Vince, Rita W, and Brenda) who passed away over the past 2 years from cancer.  I also know some long-term cancer survivors, two of whom are in my family.  I believe these who passed away, as well as the survivors, have the same Healer.  God chooses how He heals.  We don't always understand why He chooses to heal by releasing someone from earth to glory, but as the pastor said today: God gives us grace to withstand those things we don't understand

If you are grieving, please listen to the song "I know You're my Healer." I pray it gives you comfort and a degree of healing: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U0sDKqNJ8g

Lyrics to Healer :
(Verse)
You hold my every moment
You calm my raging seas
You walk with me through fire
and heal all my disease

(Pre-chorus)
I trust in You
I trust in You

(Chorus)
I believe You're my healer
I believe You are all I need
I believe You're my portion
I believe You're more than enough for me
Jesus, You're all I need

(Bridge)
Nothing is impossible for You
Nothing is impossible
Nothing is impossible for You
You hold my world in Your hands

(Chorus)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment