Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Linda Pierre - US Soldier Killed In Afghanistan

My last post was about 2 soldiers.  I spoke about the US soldier who is fighting here on earth on behalf of the U.S.  I mentioned that our war against Afghanistan is the longest war in which the U.S. has ever been involved.  My son, a major in the U.S. Army, sent me an e-mail yesterday.  This is what he said: 

Sadly we lost 5 Soldiers from my Brigade Friday morning (Afghanistan time) in a suicide bombing. One of the Soldiers was my commander's secretary when I worked in Brigade Headquarters.  I knew her pretty well. She kept me out of some hot water a few times and was an outstanding Soldier.  Please lift them and their families in prayer.

Today, my son sent me another e-mail with a link about the soldier who lost her life.  Her name is Linda Pierre.  Please honor her life by looking at this video in which she speaks about her life in the military.  Then pray for her family and for all of our soldiers serving on OUR behalf!  Thank you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wMVxRzuxfc

No comments:

Post a Comment