Sunday, May 8, 2011

Every Day Is A Day To Praise HIM!

Crying Eye clipartI looked at the couple next to me.  She was trying not to cry.  He put his arm around her and patted her shoulder.  We made eye contact.  I'm not sure if she could tell that I was also struggling not to cry.  I said to her, "mothers shouldn't have their children flying away from them on Mother's Day."   

We were at the airport at 6:15 a.m. sending our children to different destinations - her daughter was on her way to London and would be gone until December.  After a three-week visit, my daughter and baby granddaughter were on their way back to Texas where her Air Force husband is stationed.  But at least I knew I would see them sooner than December.  They're moving at the end of the month to Virginia to Langley Air Force Base - just 9 hours away by car, much closer than Texas!

Mothers Day Clipart.Still, I could feel a pity party approaching.  After all, since my son has been in the military for approximately 15 years, I rarely see him on Mother's Day.   Now that my daughter is a military wife, there's a good possibility that I may not see her on future Mother's Days.  Her baby was born on Mother's Day last year, so celebrating the baby's birthday may cancel spending time with good ole mom!  I also know that because of our cold, snowy winters my daughter and her husband have no intention of returning here to live.  These were the thoughts swirling around my head as I got in my car to leave the airport. 

As I started the car, I turned on the CD player.  The New Jersey Mass Choir's song, Praise Him, began playing.  As I listened, I sensed His Spirit reminding me that Mother's Day is a man-made holiday.  Mother's Day began with good intentions, but now as stated in a recent Miss Manners column has transformed from children honoring their mothers to mothers demanding honor from their children, husbands and other relatives (Washington Post 5/8/2011).  Factoring in the people I know who are saddened by this day because their mothers have passed away made me sad as well. 

As I began to meditate on the song, my spirit began to lift.  I was reminded that this day was not all about me.  He is worthy to be praised because every day is ALL ABOUT HIM No matter where my children are, my Lord and Savior is worthy to be praised.  If you listen to the song on youtube, I'm sure you'll praise Him too, even today - Mother's Day - because no matter where your children might be or if you've experienced the loss of your mom, He will comfort and keep you!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4npz3yLZ_k 

Chorus 1:  Praise HimJesus, blessed Savior, He's worthy to be praised.

Verse 1: 
From the rising of the sun, until the going down of the same;
He's worthy, Jesus is worthy, He's worthy to be praised.

Chorus 2: Glory (4x) In all things give Him glory; Jesus, blessed Savior,
He's worthy to be praised
.

Verse 2:
God is our rock, hope of salvation, a strong deliverer, in Him will I always trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment