Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Answered Prayer

In the morning I have many things for which to praise my Lord and Savior: waking me with my 5 senses and physical mobility intact, watching over my home through the night, no phone calls with bad news, protecting and keeping my husband, children, parents, siblings, and grandchildren, for my friends, my church family, the fact that I live in the United States of America where I can freely worship and move about, for my home, vehicle, and the many tangible blessings He's given me. 

Beyond these daily praises, I thank Him for answered prayer.  I have a relative who was diagnosed with cancer in November.  He had surgery followed by radiation and chemotherapy.  In February, he told me he would have chemotherapy for five straight days and then have three weeks off.  I called him a few days ago to check on him and learned he returned to his job.  He He said he had been back to work for three weeks and had only missed one day!  Father, I praise You for my cousin being well enough to return to work.

Over the past few months, I've been praying for the Lord to give my brother a decent job with benefits.  Hallelujah, he starts his new job on Monday with a very good rate of pay!  His 2.5 hour interview was so successful that he was the only person interviewed!  Inspite of lots of obstacles, God ordained this job for my brother, proving what God has for you, it is for you.  Father, I praise You for how you answered prayer.

My husband has been battling a back problem since December.  He tried physical therapy; yet his back problem worsened.  He had a facet injection - no relief.  Today, he completed his third epidural injection.  After his second injection, his back improved tremendously.  In fact, he wanted to hit some golf balls this past Sunday.  I tried to convince him not to do this.  On his way out the door, I told him, "you said I'm not your mother, but you make me mother you!"  A short time later he was back.  The golf course was CLOSED!!!  Yes, God answers prayer sometimes in mysterious ways!  Thank You, Lord for healing my husband through medical intervention and not allowing him to injure his back.

Two of my dear girlfriends have been sick over the past couple of weeks.  I talked to God about them, and they are both doing so much better.  Thank You, Lord, for touching the bodies of these wonderful women of God!

I have another friend who is hospitalized in critical condition.  I've been talking to the Lord about him, too.  And while the Lord has not healed him, He is keeping him and I praise God for that. 

THANK YOU, Lord for hearing and answering prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment