Saturday, March 26, 2011

Lamb's Book of Life

I saw the following posted on Facebook today:

I wish Heaven had a phone so I could hear your voice again. I thought of you today, but that is nothing new. I thought of you yesterday and the days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake from which I’ll never part…God has you in his arms…I have you in my heart.

Yesterday, I went to another funeral - Diane was a faithful Christian.  I met her two years ago and served with her on a church committee both years.  She made me laugh (and I love to laugh)!  She preached her funeral through the life she lived, as evidenced by the number of people who came and the remarks shared.   I'd like to hear her voice again. 

There are other voices I'd love to hear again: my grandmothers Big Mama and Little Mama, my cousins Kathy and Lisa, my brothers-in-law Eric and Ivy, just to name a few.  I've been to either the funeral or calling hours for five people in the past month.  There are days I long for heaven myself because I don't want to attend any more funerals.   

Rev 21:3-4 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 
To this, I say, thank you Jesus.  I know that I can't imagine what heaven has in store for me.

I Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

Because I believe in Jesus Christ and that He died and rose again, I will dwell with The Trinity in heaven for my name is written in the Lamb's book of life.  This comforts me and helps me hold on and be joyful when God chooses in His infinite wisdom to take a life.

Rev. 21: 27 Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Is your name written in the Lamb's book of life?  If you're not sure, all you need to do is confess that Jesus is Lord, believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and you, too will be saved.  (Romans 10:9)  AND you have have unspeakable joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment