Sunday, July 31, 2011

Taboo Anyone?

My sister and I are making a concerted effort to bring our large family together for other than sad occasions.  We had our first gathering this past October at my sister's home with several of our female cousins.  We had such a good time, we knew we needed to keep the fellowship going.  It took longer than we expected until yesterday - 9 months later - to make it happen again, this time with an expanded invite to include more of our female cousins.  My sister and her daughter and ten of our female cousins came to the fellowship at my home. 

As a surprise, I asked my brother to bring our cousin Sammie who has been battling a serious illness for several months.  They were the only males allowed!  I'm just a month older than Sammie.  I've stayed in touch with him throughout his illness.  I knew he needed  a festive occasion after after his recent scary  hospitalization. Sammie and my brother ate, posed for pictures with us, visited for a little while, and made their escape. 

Two of my cousins are twins.  For this occasion they dressed alike - first time since they were teenagers!  Another cousin had 4 of her grandchildren (triplet girls and their brother) visiting her for the day and brought them to the fellowship.  The triplets had not met their older twin cousins which provided a perfect opportunity to get a picture of all of them together!     

    After the men left, we settled down for a game Taboo.  We played Taboo at our October fellowship and had so much fun that we were anxious to play again. Everyone who played before remembered who the best players were so it took forever to divide into two teams.  We played a highly spirited game!  Although my team has to live down the humiliation of losing, we know we'll have a chance to redeem ourselves at the next cousins' gathering.

Topping off our evening was my Create Your Own Sundae dessert with chocolate, vanilla, and chocolate mint ice cream, peanut butter brownies, whipped cream, chocolate chips and cherries.  What more could you ask for on a Saturday night surrounded by family!  I can't speak for anyone else, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment