Sunday, July 17, 2011

Give Me Strength, Lord

This week I'll be one of over a hundred volunteers assisting with a week-long summer workshop where approximately 300 young people will participate in performing arts classes, hear motivational speakers, and learn how to be and stay excellent in all aspects of their lives.  This is my fifth year volunteering with this organization.  It is challenging and rewarding work. 

I moved outside my comfort zone when I was blessed to serve as the program director for two years for one of the components of this organization, as my ministry in His service for years had dealt with women.  I found that He has also given me a heart for youth.  Although I resigned as the program director, the position stretched me beyond my imagination.  My career had been in Human Resources...working with adults.  Working with teens is entirely different! 

While I'm no longer the program director, I've stayed involved with the organization because the work they do is positively impacting the lives of young people.  My husband is now involved and takes a day of vacation to help with game day.  My sisters-in-law have been involved with the organization for many years.  My daughter also volunteered when she was in town.   This is truly a family affair!

I seek your prayers this week as I, along with all of the volunteers, the organization's staff and Board, and the instructors come together to provide a safe place where the Lord will be worshipped and praised.  Help us Lord, to glorify You while encouraging young people to:

1) be excellent in all their ways and endeavors,
2) trust You to guide them through everything they face, and
3) develop their own personal relationships with You. 

Father, give us strength that they will see You in us.  To God be the Glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment