Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Can't Put My Finger On It

finger.gifI can't quite put my finger on...  This is all I wrote as I began to blog on September 22.  I had jotted notes to myself about blog topics but I only blogged once in September.  The other day a good friend asked why haven't I blogged lately.  I told her I couldn't focus: mom hadn't been well, I was on a couple church committees, had some stuff on my mind, all excuses.     

In my women's bible study, we've been focusing on priorities, devotion and allegiance.  I want this blog to be a priority in my life because my goal has been to provide spiritual encouragement for others (as well as myself).  I'm determined to get back to what I committed to do.  I can always find an excuse to avoid blogging.  But I want to blog.  I want to share how the Lord is blessing me and how He can and will bless my readers.  Last week's bible lesson asked the question: What is your big struggle, causing you to look back and not move forward in your desire to follow Christ?  I responded: My struggle is not causing me to look back.  My struggle is in the present, including ‘being here now.’  Giving Jesus my all, putting 100% of my focus on being in His will, doing what He wants me to do, focusing my time on service and not wasting it whether it be on the computer, watching TV or anything that keeps me from being fully dedicated to Him. 

I want my agenda to be whatever His agenda is for me.  This week I could use the excuse that my 17-month old granddaughter is visiting from Virginia.  But I want to be devoted to Him, so I'm keeping my commitment.  I hope that in sharing my struggle, you'll think about what is your big struggle  - what's keeping keeping you from moving forward in your desire to follow Christ.  If you can't put your finger on it, spend time meditating on His Word and talking with Him.  Then commit to moving forward by focusing on Philippians 4:8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.    Remember: 2 Peter 1:3 His divine power has given us everything we need for a godly life through our knowledge of Him who called us by His own glory and goodnessDoesn't this give you joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment