Thursday, January 24, 2013

He Knows Me Best

When I was born, I entered the world as the daughter of my parents and granddaughter of my grandparents.  I had a brother, making me a sister.  My parents had siblings making me a niece.  Their siblings had children making me a cousin.  On the day I was born, I was surrounded with people who automatically loved me, some of whom I became close with over the years. 

I eventually became a mother, a wife, stepmother, an aunt, and an in-law with a heap of relatives through my marriage and the marriages of my siblings and children. I have the wonderful title of being a grandmother!  The family circle of people who know me has grown by leaps and bounds. 

As much as I am known by all of these people to whatever degree, none know me like the One who created me.  When I was born, I entered the world as a female Negro, a black person, an African-American, not by choice but by design by the Most High God, the all-knowing Father, Creator God.   There was a choice I made as an adolescent – to follow the One who created me.  Living by the choice I made to the One who created me supersedes EVERYTHING in my life.

Psalm 139:13, 15-16 tells me that God “created my inmost being…“knit me together in my mother’s womb,” God’s “eyes saw my unformed body”, I was made in secret in my mother’s womb, and  all the days ordained for me were written in His book before one of them came to be.   

As a mom, I think I know my children fairly well.  But because they live in different cities from me, I’m clueless as to what’s going on in their lives unless we communicate via phone, e-mail or Facebook.    

How well does God know me?  He has searched me and knows me.  He knows when I sit (who besides God knows that I’m sitting in my family room as I write this), when I rise (often my husband is not aware that I’ve left the bedroom), when I go out and come in.  God knows my thoughts before I become aware of them.  (Psalm 139:1-3).  He doesn’t have to call or e-mail me to find out what’s going on with me.  He knows more about me than I could ever put on Facebook!

God is familiar with ALL my ways.  The Message Bible says God knows “everything I’m going to say before I start the first sentence.  I can’t reach His knowledge – it is too high for me.  I cannot get away from Him.  If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.  If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me. even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. (Psalm 139:6-12)  Oh, how wonderful it is to be known by my God!  He knows me best!

No comments:

Post a Comment